Program Instructor Tutor (CAD, 2D & 3D Modeling)
IDMANN Academy provides tutorial support to secondary and pre-secondary age students via our class-leading online platform. The IDMANN High Achievers' Camp (HAC) provides elementary school students an outstanding educational experience by introducing them to development courses at an early age. This highly focused engagement provides an ideal learning environment for highly gifted students who could benefit from the accelerated development, students with special needs who could benefit from the individualized attention, or families seeking personalized and customized instruction for their children. In every instance, IDMANN Academy develops a curriculum - and delivers curricular outcomes - that is intended to meet the unique needs of the student, and the aspirations of the family at large. These tutorial outcomes are delivered by way of direct interaction between the students and the instructor in very small focused groups. The IDMANN instructor is a well trained and disciplined educator. To learn more about the program, visit the IDMANN High Achievers' Camp web page.
IDMANN Academy is looking for instructors to teach the computer-aided design (CAD), 2D and 3D modeling component in our program. The instructor is expected to have not just the ability to do the modeling, but the ability to TEACH young students how to model. The program includes a capstone project in which students are expected to design and 3D-print an item they might use in daily life. Instructors are expected to have the ability and experience to guide students from the very rudiments of the modeling process, to printing items they can touch and feel.
Prospective applicants MUST have ALL of the following:
- Outstanding facility with AUTOCAD, LibreCAD or other commonplace 2D modeling applications.
- Outstanding facility with SketchUp, Blender, AUTODESK or other commonplace 3D modeling (and animation) applications.
- Ability to create and manipulate STL files used in3D printing applications. (Use of any of the popular 3D printing applications would suffice.)
- Experience in industrial 3D-printing or additive manufacturing would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience in mechatronics or robotics (as a complement to the core 3D modeling skills) would be a distinct advantage.
- Instructors are expected to have demonstrable experience or appreciable interest in early childhood education to be able to teach students in HAC, who are typically elementary and secondary school students. (A combination of a teaching certification AND demonstrated experience (> 2 years) teaching in a school would be ideal.)
Prospective applicants should note the following:
- Instructors should expect to be engaged approximately 10-15 hours per week (part-time).
- We expect instructors to have hands-on familiarity with the Common Core standard.
- Prior experience teaching online or familiarity with an online teaching engagement is critical in this position.
- Intending instructors MUST have ALL of the following:
- A reliable laptop or desktop, equipped with a good quality webcam and microphone, keyboard and mouse (or touchpad), as no instruction will be permitted over a handheld or mobile device.
- The same laptop or desktop mentioned above MUST be able to run the necessary modeling software to be used in class.
- Stable, reliable broadband internet access.
- Space from which to provide daily instruction to students, free of distraction or intrusion during class sessions.
- Availability to teach on weekends (primarily on Saturdays) and at least TWO evenings during the week.
Prospective applicants should submit a cover letter and a resume CLEARLY outlining their teaching experience with specific references to any teaching certifications, where applicable. Applications are being received at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications submitted without a cover letter will be deemed non-responsive.
|Location||Old Umuahia, Nigeria Ile-Ife, Osun State Nigeria - National|
|Field||Early Childhood Educator Program Instructor / Lecturer Robotics Engineer|
|Date||1st December 2022|
|Start Date||1st December 2022|
|Length of Employment||Indefinite|